Solved: All Programs theres like a 10 second wait

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gmcsierra99

Banned
when i click on all programs, theres like a 10 second wait, i was wondering if there was a way to speed this up some, if some like to know. :)

go to your desktop

right click on it

click on properties

click on advance

click on settings under the box that says performance

click on ajust for best performance

after that,

download tunexp http://www.driverheaven.net/dforce/showdoc.php?doc=txp_download

and then do this

Memory and file system

* Enable "Accelerate DLL unloading"
* Enable "Faster shutdown"
* Enable "File allocation size tweak"
* Enable "Optimize prefetch"
* Set "IO Page Lock Limit" to the highest it can go

Hardware

* Enable "Speed-up Windows IRQ handling"

Internet

* Enable "DNS cache increase"

the tweaks that tunexp will also get rid of the delays when using the start menue
(will try to get windows to display it instantly)

Start> Run> type: regedit then OK.
Navigate to this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop double click Desktop folder and on the right pane look for MenuShowDelay default value should be 400 milliseconds. If number is higher, right click and select Modify and change the value.
Click OK and close the Registry Editor when you're finished. You may have to log out and then log back in for this change to take effect.

gmcsierra99

Banned
inuyasha, i was bored soo i checked out your homepage, and i tryed to download tunexp, it downloaded, but when i clicked on the icon on my desktop, i got an error message?

gmcsierra99

Banned
i did that desktop properties thing, theres no advance, by the way this is Windows XP.

if the tunexp didnt help either, then you may have something running in the background that is causing the lag.

would you be ok with posting a hjt log so i can see what is running in the background

(some virus scan auto protects that are old will normally scan those areas and cause a big slowdown)

download hjt at this link

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

run the scan and save the log, then post what it says on the forums

don't fix anything yet.

even though windows xp can run with memory as little as 32MB, 512MB is the bare minimum anythinbg lower than that and you will lose a great deal of speed and performance

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online