1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: all sounds play static

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by scar-let, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scar-let

scar-let Thread Starter

my computer has had no problem like this before.
    i have been listening to music on media player all day, watching anime in japanese with subtitles and hearing all the normal computer sounds.
    I paused the music to go downstairs and when i got back to press play all of a sudden it was static. The kind of noise from a blank tv channel like the movie the ring.
    its not just media player. its every single sound. Msn alerts, vlc player, anything off the net too.
    Ive read a tonne of similar problems but none the same. my static is only there to replace the original noise.

Ive tried rebooting, system restore, checking everything to do with sound in device manager, run a couple of different virus scans....I have not had one single error report on any program....

oh man if someone can help with this ill love you
    please try something, i havent seen anything like this anywhere

i have windows xp

2. Jane Doe

Jane Doe

could it be an issue with yr speakers? sounds obvious but have you tried headphones?

3. scar-let

scar-let Thread Starter

yeah i had unplugged them before and put them back in, also tried headphones-same deal.
    i got a new monitor and had to unplug the computer and now mysteriously the problem is fixed >.>

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/872946

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice