Solved: all videos dark when playing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

reneebenee2001

when I play videos in any of my players, I get almost all black screen. I have Nvidia, I tried resetting the colour to all but all it did was make my desktop bright red. Thank you for any help you can offer

Any particular "onset" to this problem?

Does anything view normally?

Is it possible for you to take and upload a screenshot of this display? If we can see it here, it's a graphics card problem -- if we can't, it's a monitor problem.

MysticEyes

Banned
Go into your Nvidia panel get to Color Management-> Color Correction and from the drop down choose Overlay/VMR (not Desktop). Make your adjustments there.

reneebenee2001

I checked and there is not an overlay/VMR setting. I tried to take screen print but it didn't work.Not sure if the zip attached.

Attachments

MysticEyes

Banned
reneebenee2001 said:
I checked and there is not an overlay/VMR setting. I tried to take screen print but it didn't work.Not sure if the zip attached.
There it is you are at the right place-> Overlay. It's easy to see why things are so jacked (how it got so jacked is beyond me). Start by centering the 3 sliders in Overlay and see how things look.

reneebenee2001

I did check and that is how it is set. I reset it and that is where is is now. Same as your pic.Thanks for all of your help.Finally I was able to zip the pic of the screen.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online