1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ALTDistrib Object

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by hansmax, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

Turned on the computer today, and Spybot started giving me messages about a registry change concerning ALTDistrib BHO, wanted to know if I would allow the change, etc. It kept telling me that this or that application could not start because it was missing ddayy.dll and java.dll. I kept clicking no, but it kept coming up. At the same time I was getting IE windows asking if I wanted to allow Active-x controls. I don't use IE, but have it set to notify me anyway. I ran Hijack This and sure enough it was there. I tried to fix it but it kept reappearing. I did a search (file was supposed to be in C:\Windows\system32, according to Hijack This, but nothing like it was there.) Ran Spybot on bootup, and it didn't find anything. I finally did a registry search and found two keys by that name, along with the same big long number. Did a backup, then deleted them. Has anyone heard of this thing, and are my problems over or just beginning?

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Can you post your Hijack This log in this thread please? :)

3. hansmax

hansmax Thread Starter

Sorry for not getting back sooner. For some reason I'm not getting email notification of replies any more, so I have to check back manually, find the post, etc. I have solved the problem with some advice from others with Ewido. Thanks for the reply. I'll mark this solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice