Solved: Altec Lansing ADA885 Info Needed Urgently

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Patricko

Hi All

I'm in the process of repairing my Altec Lansing ADA885 multimedia speaker system and was wondering if anyone out there might possibly be able to help.

Inside the subwoofer cabinet there is a metal case which contains the power supply and amplifier circuit board for the subwoofer. On this circuit board there is a resistor labelled R2 which is badly burned. Due to the extent of the heat damage, it is impossible to read the resistor's value (i.e. color code). If anyone can advise me as to what the value of resistor R2 should be, I would really appreciate a reply.

Many thanks...

Patricko

Knucklehead, many many thanks for the link. The information provided in the linked article is exactly what I needed. Hopefully, with this information at hand I will now be able to repair my ADA885 system. Of all the multimedia speaker systems I have owned (~7) and listened to over the years, the Altec Lancing ADA885 has by far been the best... I have just got to get it working again so that I can enjoy listening to my Blues/Rock music collection again :)
Again, Thank You for your most valuable reply!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online