1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Alternative Dell audio driver?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Obtinia, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obtinia

Obtinia Thread Starter

When I first got my current laptop (Dell Inspiron M5110) a couple of years ago I found that the sound became distorted if I tried to play any music that had loud notes in the higher registers and I managed to find an alternative audio driver which completely solved the problem. I've recently had to do a factory restore and the audio problem is back, but I cannot find the audio driver that solved the issue the first time around. Does anyone know of any and where I can download them?

The default Dell ones are:
    AMD High Definition Audio Device
    IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3559 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6520G, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 461838 MB, Free - 351726 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0W274W
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. broglah

broglah

3. Obtinia

Obtinia Thread Starter

Thanks, in the process of trying to install that I accidentally fixed it by deleting the IDT driver and Windows kicked in and sounds perfect without needing a third party driver! I guess that's what I did the first time around!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1116794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice