Solved: AMD Athlon XP 3200 400 FSB shows as a XP 2500+

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tritium

I have this in a MSI K7N2 Delta2-ILSR and i have been into the bios and tried everything i can think of to get this up to the XP 3200 and can't figure it out.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You :)

Well the processor is under-clocked. So, it might help if you post all the BIOS's processor settings, such as, FSB, Multiplier, voltages, anything else adjustable in the BIOS.

Tritium

Hi Winbob,
Here is what i found in the bios
cpu fsb 166mhz
cpu ratio by H/W
cpu Vcore Select by H/W
current dram clock 200mhz

As i was looking for this info i changed some settings and i think i found it
It nows says i have the XP 3200 at 2.21ghz.
i will try and use this for a while and see how stable it is.
Any other tips would greatly help.

I looked up the board with Google and part of the Spec listed was:

CPU

• Supports Socket A for AMD® Athlon™/Athlon™ XP/Duron™/Sempron™ processors @FSB 266/333/400 MHz
• Supports up to 3200+ processor or higher

You said that the FSB was shown set to 166. It looks like that was the problem. Did you change it???

How did you now get up to 3200+ :confused:

crjdriver

The 3200+ uses a 400 fsb. You need to set your fsb setting to 200 not 166. This will result in the cpu being id as a 3200+

Go into the bios and set it manually or it should set itself in auto. Check your manual to see if there are any jumpers you need to set to enable / disable the 200 / 400 fsb setting.

crjdriver

BTW the fsb is a little confusing; the amds use a double pump of the fsb. A setting of 100 is the same as a cpu with a 200fsb; 133 / 266 and 166 / 333. For your system, it will be 200 / 400.

Tritium

After getting back into the bios late last night i set the system performance to high performance and that took care of it.It has been running good.
Thanks Again!! :eek:

crjdriver

You are welcome. You can mark your own thread as solved using the thread tools at the top.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online