1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: AMD Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sotrmx, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sotrmx

sotrmx Thread Starter

Hello..

Recently I dropped my mouse onto my laptop and within a second my computer says it has detected a problem and requires a restart; I didn't think any of this since sometimes my computer runs into this kind of problem and usually it restarts and its fine again. However this time after starting up I get a pop up message from AMD saying that "No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly. Please install the AMD driver appropriate."

So I went on AMD and downloaded the software that detects your driver and to my surprise it says that it cannot find it or it does not support my operating system. When I go on run and dxdiag it does not show my graphics card either.

What can I do to fix it?

Operating System Windows 8

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you tried a system restore to a date before the problem? If not, that would be the first thing I would try.

3. sotrmx

sotrmx Thread Starter

Hello...

Sorry but how do I do that?

Thanks!

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Right-click the bottom-left corner of any screen and choose System from the pop-up menu. When the System window appears, click System Protection from the left pane. Finally, when the System Properties window appears, click System Restore.

The System Restore window appears.

Click the Next button at the System Restore window.

The System Restore Point lists available restore points.

Click a listed restore point. Use one prior to the problem.

You can see more available restore points by selecting the Show More Restore Points check box.

Click the Scan for Affected Programs button to see how your chosen restore point will affect programs.

A handy touch, this lists programs you’ll probably need to reinstall.

Click Next to confirm your chosen restore point. Then click Finish.

5. donetao

donetao Banned

What do you see in devise manager?? Have you tried resetting your graphics card??

Attached Files:

6. sotrmx

sotrmx Thread Starter

Hello!

Worked a treat! Thanks alot for your help ! :)

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are welcome (y)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice