1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: AMD External Events Utility

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by whiskeytango73, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. whiskeytango73

whiskeytango73 Thread Starter

I've read 100 different posts/forums/suggestions that all recommend users to "update your drivers". I've updated everything from my BIOS to the software on my televisions (via flashdrive) and everything was groovy until I updated the ATI Radeon HD4350 in my HPpavillion 6150t. Vista started crashing, my Windows Experience Index stopped functioning, and the ATI update that then popped up in the Windows Update wouldn't install correctly -along w/ a code that explained that my current version probably surpassed the update. I went to "services.msc" to see what had changed, and AMD External Events Utility (and Easybits?) were the only two. I've disabled AMD eeu (and easybits) and the Windows Experience Index is still inop. What IS the AMD EEU, and should I restore to a pre- EEU configuration? The updated driver did improve the display marginally. Any experienced feedback would be greatly appriciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/878200