1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] America's Army- get it off my computer!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Filewasp, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

I am so p*ssed off. I thought a government game that they spent 3 million $ to produce would be a safe bet but no o o o o o! It took me forever to get the download, then it gave me blue screens up the butt! Then when I go to delete it off of add/remove it locks and gives me a not responding message in control alt delete! It also installed some program called Game Spy Arcade. What is with all this crap. I love my country and am a Viet Nam Vet but this is really going beyond my patience level. Any one know if this is common? I think it sucks and I am very very upset. Give me some advice to remove it. Thanks, peace, all that good stuff....... Perhaps my 400 meg is not enough but that doesn't explain the problem with trying to uninstall it.

2. phatmattrat

phatmattrat

You hit the nail right on the head, your computer simply isn't good enough. I tried Americas Army on my much more powerful computer (relatively) and even on that, the game was very slow at times. Next time you download or buy a game, check the system requirements and make sure your computer at least meets the minimum specs to make sure you don't have *too* many problems.

3. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

my resources are not enough to run it. I would like to un-install it but when I try in add/remove it hangs. Control alt delete gives me the box saying it is not reponding. Same thing in SafeMode. I looked in the target folder and see no uninstall option there. Is it safe to delete all folders and then go into my registry via RegCleaner and delete registry keys? I know it takes a lot of room and would prefer a clean un-install on this machine until I build one big enough to handle it.

4. McTimson

McTimson

Yes, it would be safe to just delete the folders and then delte the registry stuff, that's all the add/remove thing does anyway.

5. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

Thanks so much for responding! My refresh finger was getting tired.

6. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

For others information if they have the same problem: First this I did was use RegCleaner and deleted all "New" entries having to do with Americas Army. Free download at: http://www.worldstart.com/weekly-download/archives/reg-cleaner4.3.htm
    I went to Program Files and found the folder "Americas Army" looked at the contents just to satisfy my curiosity then went back to the main folder and deleted all. I then went to the desktop and deleted the main Icon for starting the game, deleted the installer where I had it stored, hit start programs and went Americas Army there and deleted that. Re-Boot
    When back up I went to add/remove and tried the uninstall again. It brought up the AA uninstall window with the repair or delete choice. I choose delete and Poof! gone. I used the start / find and found no mention of the game. Empty the recycle bin. Hope this helps if anyone makes the mistake of loading a game that is such a resource hog as this one. Thanks for the help, phatmattrat and McTimson.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    FYI on the GameSpy Arcade, that is a program that allows you to join a server and play against other people. Most common with multiplayer games.

8. Filewasp

Filewasp Thread Starter

Thanks Tidus

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219539

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice