1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Amibios Screen

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by aidee58, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aidee58

aidee58 Thread Starter

Hi,
    How do I stop my Computer showing the 'Amercan Trends' screen at
    start-up ?

2. norton850

norton850

Are you just trying to get rid of a few lines or a splash screen that fills the screen?

3. aidee58

aidee58 Thread Starter

Norton,
    Thanx for replying.
    My problem is, I've loaded a 'Bootskin' from a MS download site, and it works OK.
    As soon as I switch on, the amibios screen appears, telling how much Ram etc there is, what H/ware is installed etc.
    When I had this before, I mentioned it to the Dealer who was repairing my comp., and, I don't know how, but he 'hid' it (the American Trends screen).
    I've just had a mini-crash, and the A/T screen is back - before the 'Bootskin'
    screen comes on.
    I'd appreciate any help.

4. norton850

norton850

Haven't used bootskin but I guess it's for the windows boot screen etc. What was there before the start of the bootskin screen? Just a black screen or something else?

5. aidee58

aidee58 Thread Starter

Hi norton,
    As soon as I switch on, the amibios screen appears, telling how much Ram etc there is, what H/ware is installed etc., THEN the XP Bootskin - which is just a full-screen picture which shows while the system boots.
    A

6. norton850

norton850

OK, but what did it look like before the crash. When you turned the system on what showed up before bootskin? Just a blank screen for awhile or something else?

7. aidee58

aidee58 Thread Starter

Hi,
    When I switch on, I get a black screen with white writing - 'american trends/Amibios' for about 5 secs., then the bootsceen comes on with the message 'loading XP.
    Before the crash, the screen was black and empty until XP had loaded.
    If you're interested, this is the site for bootskin etc free downloads
    http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/

8. aidee58

aidee58 Thread Starter

Hi,
    When I switch on, I get a black screen with white writing - 'american trends/Amibios' for about 5 secs., then the bootsceen comes on with the message 'loading XP.
    Before the crash, the screen was black and empty until XP had loaded.
    If you're interested, this is the site for bootskin etc free downloads
    http://www.stardock.com/products/bootskin/
    Thanx for being patient,
    A

9. norton850

norton850

I would have to think that if that options exists then it would be in your system BIOS. One of my systems also has an American Megatrends (AMI) BIOS and there is an option to turn on/off a splash screen, but that is not what you are talking about, but why I asked all those questions.
    So I'm really not sure how to do what you want, but would suggest looking into your BIOS perhaps under the Boot heading and then the Boot Settings Configuration subheading. Maybe someone else will jump in with the answer. :eek:

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/368664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice