Solved: Ampersand not printing as an ampersand

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Silvergrey

Hi, I hope I have posted in the correct forum. On Tuesday last, my PC locked -(wouldn't even boot in safe mode) following auto download of SP3 and associated patches. I have reinstalled the OS from a recovery disc and have a number of problems that I'm trying to fix. One of them is that the Ampersand will not print as an ampersand but instead appears as ''

(I'm printing this from aother PC). I have attempted to update the kbd drivers but without success. What do I need to do please? Any help very gratefully recieved at this very stressful time!

Go to the Control Panel and check the Regional and Language options are set correctly.

Silvergrey

Many thanks Kirok for your time. You were right, the text services and input languages had defaulted to American English.Reset to UK English - problem solved - (One down, 100 to go.........!)

Silvergrey:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online