1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: "Analog Power Saving Mode"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JoyfulWillow, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoyfulWillow

JoyfulWillow Thread Starter

Hi, I'm at work and appear to have wrecked my colleague's computer. : (

I printed something using her computer (mine is not hooked up to a printer) and then went to reboot the computer as there was a request from Microsoft to reboot, allowing updates to be installed. (I had postponed the updates until after I had finished printing.)

The screen went black and I got the message, "ANALOG POWER SAVING MODE".

I have tried turning the computer on and off; unplugging the computer (after turning it off); checked the cables to the monitor/power/computer; holding down the 'autoset' button on the monitor; holding down assorted keys on the keyboard and tapping F8 as soon as I turn the computer on, all to no avail.

The monitor is an LG Flatron W1942TQ. It's not my computer so I don't know which version of Windows it is running, though I'm pretty sure it's Vista. I have spent the last hour looking up "Analog Power Saving Mode" threads on Google. Most recommend checking my settings or BIOS...but I can't get the screen going. It would be great if I could get this solved before my shift ends at 11 pm (Mountain time)!!

Thanks much!

2. JoyfulWillow

I just spoke with a very friendly Microsoft tech who suggested I unplug the monitor/tower cord, switch the ends and plug it back in.

This, sadly, had no effect.

He then suggested taking out and putting back in the video card. As this is a work computer and I am so NOT a techie I am now (two and a half hours after the beginning of this adventure) retiring. My colleagues will have to continue with this tomorrow.

3. JoyfulWillow

The computer guy came in today. He said the monitor is fine but there is something wrong with the computer itself. He's taken it away to tinker with. I have thus marked this 'solved', just not by me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971080

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice