Solved: Animated Avatar

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buf

I have a .gif avatar that I want to use but I have not been able to see the animation. Something I need to do yet?

buck52

Banned
can you see the animation on your computer?

If it's the one you have now I don't see it animated either...

How about attaching it to a post

buck

buf

Thanks for responding buck. I have do so little of what you are asking but I'll try. Should I fail, it is a smiley smoothing a firefox icon and an ie icon tries to interfere and smile pushes him back (of course I am guessing that firefox is a girl and the other 2 characters are boys.:D )

Attachments

buck52

Banned
was this ever an animation...or something you are wishing was?

I don't think .gif avatars work here. Mine doesn't work here either. It should be Napolean Dynamite dancing. To see if yours is working, open up a browser, and drag the .gif file into the browser.

buf

Yep, it is animated or else I could not have described it's action. I don't know much about such things as this. It is, of course, something that I don't have to have; just wanted because I though it's actions are a "put down" to IE. I have to add though, I saw it elsewhere and tried to save it to my pictures folder and it is animated there. I have irfanview on my machine if that is of any importance.

buck52

Banned
Animations work fine for me.
Do you have play animations turned on?

Try saving as a .gif not .jpg

Is this your image you are looking for?

If so do you have adobe image ready? If you do, let me know and I will explain how to get your avatar saved, sized, and uploaded for animation. If not let me know, perhaps I can send you the file in the appropriate size for forum avatars. The above image is larger than allowed for avatars, but I enlarged it for better viewing.

Attachments

buf

Yes, that is the animated .gft and I see it in Irfanview. I only use the Adobe reader.
I just re-read one post and noticed that I used the wrong word describing the actions in the .gft. Instead of smoothing, I meant to use smooching as you can see.
Buck, I appreciate what you have done but rather than cause you additional work, don't worry about the avatar and I don't mean to sound un-appreciative. OTH, shoot the file to me. Too bad you can't just animate it for me.

buck52

Banned
Hi buf

you see other animations on TSG OK, just not that one?

buf

Yes I do buck. I see your top hat and I also had an animated avatar before I got this wild hair to change it. Makes me wonder if I can go back to it---just curious.
Would you like me to try it first?

Hey buf
I'm going to upload the image through this post as well as the ulr pasted seperate. I think you then should be able to copy the ulr to the space in your user panel under the custom animation. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll send it via email.

Here's the gif

and the http.... http://attachments.techguy.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=70868&stc=1&d=1136161514

You now should be able to copy the http part and paste into your avatar section of user control pannel I'll try it myself and see if it works.

Attachments

Nope couldn't get it to work. Okay what do I do now? how do I get that file to buf?

help4me said:
Nope couldn't get it to work. Okay what do I do now? how do I get that file to buf?
Nevermind....buf right click on the animated image and save as......to your computer. Then you should be able to upload it to your user control panel avatar section

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online