Solved: Animation Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AKA Arizona

I have two files one is an animated gif the other in fireworks is an animated cd order png. as long as the png is in firworks the animation works fine. However, on the web site it is static?? note the confusion.
I have included the files if someone could fix it or tell me how. I have Dreamweaver Studio MX and Photoshop

Attachments

I don't believe you can animate png files, only gif files.

So...how did you save the PNG file? Did you export it (Ctrl+Shift+R) through 'Optimize' as an animated Gif?

AKA Arizona

little den said:
So...how did you save the PNG file? Did you export it (Ctrl+Shift+R) through 'Optimize' as an animated Gif?
I dont understand your question. I opened the image in Fireworks, double clicked the first frame and erased the text, I checke the other frames and they were erased also the text was only on the first frame, I retyped the new words and saved the file.

Just outta curiosity...did you check that the text was not in all frames before you deleted it from the first one? Did you check to see that it had not just been layered as frames (added extra frames of the text to allow it to seem static?) When you deleted the first frame of it, you may have deleted it from all frames.
Secondly...Under Modify>Animations>Settings, did you adjust any of these?
When you saved the PNG into the folder you would normally save it to, did you: 'Save', 'Save as...', or Export?
And how is your 'Optimise' set (the tool box on the top, tight hand side of the screen - if you have enabled it)? It's where you decide what type of file to export it as (i.e. jpeg, gif, animated gif etc..).

AKA Arizona

little den said:
Just outta curiosity...did you check that the text was not in all frames before you deleted it from the first one? Did you check to see that it had not just been layered as frames (added extra frames of the text to allow it to seem static?) When you deleted the first frame of it, you may have deleted it from all frames.
Secondly...Under Modify>Animations>Settings, did you adjust any of these?
When you saved the PNG into the folder you would normally save it to, did you: 'Save', 'Save as...', or Export?
And how is your 'Optimise' set (the tool box on the top, tight hand side of the screen - if you have enabled it)? It's where you decide what type of file to export it as (i.e. jpeg, gif, animated gif etc..).
Duh... No :confused: :confused:

AKA Arizona

Well what do you know I learned something today the export thing is what I needed to do it works great Thanks!!

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts