Solved: Another small doubt, this time regarding my battery

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ConsumingHatred

Well, I've got another small doubt which I don't know why I didn't list on my first forum post, sorry. Anyways, again, regarding my laptop HP Pavilion DV2225la, again, I was suggested by a third-party that I should remove the battery if it were ever fully charged and the computer remained connected to an alternate power-source (the every day electrical socket we use for anything) I was wondering if this was true, should I take such a precaution or is there nothing to worry about regarding my battery?

Again, I appreciate the time, effort and patience in solving my doubts.

Also, I'd like to apologize for not including this question in my previous post. I had forgotten, I hope it's not considered spamming.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Nope. The Li-Ion batteries in modern laptops will not develop a memory, and the charging circuit is smart enough to stop charging them when they're fully charged. You can safely leave it plugged in all the time you have it near an outlet. :)

ConsumingHatred

Thank you. I'm glad because one of the practical things about laptops is tha in case of a power outage, even though they're rare, the laptop wouldn't loose any of the current work considering it'd switch to the battery and taking the battery on and off, even though extremely simple, is annoying at times.

Thanks a bunch!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I have a three year old laptop that has been treated that way, and the battery is still working fine. I'm treating the new laptop the same way. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online