1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Another wifi drops problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by 5Rusty5, Jun 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 5Rusty5

5Rusty5 Thread Starter

Your suggestions CoolBurn are at the top of my list. Thanks. However, here's where I am after this morning. After my usual tinkering with channel changing, other trial changes in the router, double-checking Lenovo downloads, even attempting to download the intel driver (was told it failed due to preference for the lenovo/windows installed one), my attempt to connect was met with a request for my router password or network key or whatever it's called. I entered the one I'd been using and up and on I went and have been there ever since. I note that my former ssid was changed by adding 2. my former one is listed with a red x. If this works, I'd love to know what the deal is. I'll wait a couple of days - assuming all remains well - and then post again.

2. 5Rusty5

5Rusty5 Thread Starter

Still running perfectly. What a thrill to have always on wireless! I'm suspecting that in my tinkering I checked a box I shouldn't have or unchecked one I should have left alone. No other explanation makes sense. Other amateurs take note. But, for now: solved!

3. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!