1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Antec Accessories

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by crcook84, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. crcook84

crcook84 Thread Starter

I am trying to update an Antec case for my mom. It's a case that uses the purple brackets to hold fans. I found some for holding a fan to the case itself. But, I have been unable to find some for holding a fan inside the hard drive cage. I have looked all over the internet and am unable to find the item.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    What model number Antec case is it?

3. crcook84

crcook84 Thread Starter

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    You may hae to contact Antec themselves to find parts such as you describe. Browsing the Antec site I don't see anything listed in their Spare Parts list like that.

5. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

I have to concur with DJ. You might find the parts directly from Antec, but I doubt it. Your case was actually manufactured by Chen Ming, and they don't sell directly to end users. You might find an equivalent case for sale, but that doesn't guarantee that it will have the fan mounts you need. Probably, you are better off using some ingenuity and trying an alternative mounting method. If you don't have a good local source for miscellaneous case hardware, try Performance PCs. I've bought all sorts of hardware from them over the years.

6. crcook84

crcook84 Thread Starter

Okay. Thanks for that. Maybe I'll just use some wire ties and tie the fan to the hard drive cage. Also, this lets me know how useful this tower will be in the future. I was planning on building a gaming computer with a spare one I got. But, it sounds like I'll be limited in terms of accessorizing it.

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  8. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

These are great cases! Plenty of room for expansion, great ventilation, simple tools free drive mounting, and an effective air filter. I've built many servers and high-end business systems in this case, and about the only gripes I have had is that the air filter is awkward to clean, and the front USB ports are fairly easy to break (hardly unique to this case). I also really, really dislike doors on a case that block access to the optical drives, power button, and reset switch.

However, if you want to "accessorize" this case with spinning LED fans, clear side panels, etc. this isn't your ideal product.

9. crcook84

crcook84 Thread Starter

Um, thanks for that. Wasn't actually going to be building it anytime soon. But, I definitely like the fact that it doesn't require "accessories" to mount fans.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!