1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Any Way to Get TV on the Radio Now?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by m00k, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. m00k

m00k Thread Starter

My dad used to listen to TV on the radio (not the band) all the time, but since the transition to digital-only signals, he obviously can't do that anymore. Are there any devices out there that would let him listen to digital TV signals?

I had the idea of hooking up his TV to his stereo / surround sound amp, but the TV doesn't have a picture mute function and I don't want to have the TV on all the time. In other words, I wanted to get the audio signal from the cable box isolated from the TV.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. shannon08

shannon08

I don't feel it could be possible, there is lot of difference between tv and radio signals to get connected... I hope using audio speakers can help you.

3. wolfworx

wolfworx

You should be able to pull the audio signal directly from the cable box (red and white jacks). You do not need to have the TV on to get the channel signal, but the cable box must be running. To feed the audio to standard speakers, you may need some adapter cables.

4. m00k

m00k Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

5. hewee

hewee

I had a nice GE radio that got TV stations but they did not come in that good and I really used it at work on take radio and music stations.
    Worked till someone did some rewiring and had 220 fry my radio out.

If you can run the RCA plugs from the TV or better yet a VCR or DVD just don't hook up the yellow (video) cable and your have sound only.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915880

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice