1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Anybody having d/l problems on AVG updates?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by britt, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. britt

britt Thread Starter

Since I got a different system and had to reload a newer version of AVG, Ive had problems with updates. I took it off auto update because it kept locking up.. When the icon goes dark and is looking for an update it makes my system act slow and quirky and seems to lock up occasionaly. When I try to update the server keeps timing out or it says receiving update, but nothing happens. This is an older system but every bit as good as what I used to run. I never had these problems before. The only difference is I'm using ME now. It does eventualy update, but after a lot of frustration. I'm DSL, so speed shouldn't be an issue.
    Any input?

Britt

BTW:
    400meg amd 128meg ram ME 6gigHD

2. starship_fl

starship_fl

I'm having the same problem.

So is darn near everybody else who download the new AVG (7.0)

Apparently there is a problem. Register for the forum on their site.

Misery loves company.

I seem to have my best luck by going to the ControlCenter/UpdateManager. Right clicking will then will bring up Settings.

I'm using "Use Proxy Server(try to direct connect directly if Proxy Server Fails)"

It will update from there, if I'm a bit patient.

Good Luck

3. britt

britt Thread Starter

Well I got it. Only 10 attempts. Hope the guys uploading the virus' are having their trouble, lol.
    Just wanted to know if I was all alone or this was the stare of affairs. Thanks for the answer.
    britt

4. Deke40

Deke40

I have just been downloading it manually and then have AVG update it from the folder which with all the download problems is a lot faster than waiting on the slow download.

5. Deke40

Deke40

Just in case you haven't done the manual download and update.

Go to their site and download the update to your update folder.

Open Update Manager untick "Do not ask for update source" then click "Check for Updates" then browse to your update folder.

Attached Files:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice