1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: anyone have any ideas

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by emmajs, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. emmajs

emmajs Thread Starter

hello my lovely techies..im a lil bit stuck i restored my pc back to xp AGAIN and 2 weeks after i done it, it's coming up with low disc space i click on it noting to clean up and i only have the basic pc needs oh i downloaded windows media player 9 its driving me potty my pc is supposed to run on 256mb i got a new memory clip and made my pc 512mb. does anyone know why this is happening, i have defrag, disc clean up theres nothing i can uninstall to help this

2. valis

valis Moderator

have you cleared your restore points?

start > run > sysdm.cpl > restore tab > tick the 'turn off system restore > apply > ok > you should be back at your desktop now.

start > run > sysdm.cpl > restore tab > untick the 'turn off system restore' > apply > okay.

that will flush all your past restore points, free up all the space, and create exactly one restore point.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Adding RAM has no effect on disk storage. What error message are you getting, and which issue is the problem?

4. emmajs

emmajs Thread Starter

im getting low disk space in disk drive (C)

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That means you're low on hard drive space. It has nothing to do with RAM / memory which is what you added. Use TreeSize to find out what's taking up space.

6. thatoneisyou

thatoneisyou

How much used/free space does it say you have in My Computer?

7. emmajs

emmajs Thread Starter

ok doublehelix i will try that and see what happens will i be able to delete from the drive with this programme

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

No. It only reports what is taking up space. You only want to delete files you don't want/need any longer. If you want to remove software, go through Add/Remove Programs or use the application's uninstall option. NEVER just delete software.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970931

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice