1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Anyone Have Backup My PC 2005 by Stomp?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bobsedge, Sep 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobsedge

bobsedge Thread Starter

Hi,

I've been using Backup My PC by Stompsoft since 2005 on my Windows 98SE machine. I have twenty years of draft publications work in a DOS program, so must still keep 98SE alive until they are published.

Unfortunately, my 98SE just fried itself, somehow even while "off," including the hard drive they told me at the repair shop. The good news is that I backed up to Stomp before the crash.

I've been able to put together a "new" 98SE in my old case, and tried to load the backup from the Stomp backup disk, but found I must have the program itself installed to load the backup. The original link from Stompsoft for downloading what I purchased is dead, and the Stomp website itself seems to have vanished.

Does anyone have a source for downloading Backup My PC 2005, which is what I paid $60 for just three years ago? Any help greatly appreciated!!! I have my draft books backed up, but cannot access them without the program itself!

I did find an old web site that did seem to offer the download of a trial version of this program, but that may or may not open what I have backed up.

Thanks much,

Out of Date Bob

2. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

3. bobsedge

bobsedge Thread Starter

Jerry,

Thank you for your reply.

Problem solved. I ordered the old version of the program in its original box from an amazon.com listing, but, I also downloaded the trial version of the old 2005 program which the "geek guys" had listed on their web site, which opened and restored my backup, including the original program, which I had also backed up.

Out of Date Bob

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice