[SOLVED] Anyone know about mdal.exe?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dat_coo

My firewall frequently blocks access to the internet to a program called mdal.exe. When the program does not get access to the internet, it says mdal has created an error. Now I have searched for this file in windows search, and in dos mode. When I look for it, I can not find it. File not found. I am at my witts end trying to figure out what this program is, where it is, and how to remove it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DC

dat_coo

Originally posted by Jody:
Hi dat_coo - welcome to TSG!

If you are certain that it IS <b>m</b>dal.exe, try running an updated virus scan on your system. The BugBear virus is known to generate odd 4 letter ".exe" files.

If you find you have the virus, you can safely remove it with Norton's removal tool:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

Good luck! :)
Thanks you both for your help. I am trying to look for a good virus scanner to see if I have the bug bear. But there is one thing that I don't understand. Why is it that when I do a search on mdal.exe, I get no results. It is the same 4 letter file everytime.

BTW: Weird Al Rocks.

You are the only person who got my signature! :)

Try searching for the file in Safe Mode. ??

dat_coo

Originally posted by mtbird:
dat_coo...
Welcome to TSG !

Take a look at it again. Is it actually rndal.exe, rather than mdal.exe ? The two look very similar.
rndal.exe is part of Real Player (RealOne). Do you have this installed ? Here is a description.......

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_r.htm

Debe
Thank you. I deleted my real player and have not seen the error since. Thank you all for your help.

DC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online