1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Anyone know how the direct payment from acc with paypal works

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by tony oh, Oct 2, 2008.

Advertisement
  1. tony oh

tony oh Thread Starter

Hi,

I just signed up with paypal and did the whole verification thing.

So then I wen to buy something online and the only option through paypal was via credit card.

Where was the option to pay direct from my bank account?

I have money in my bank acc ....what am I missing?

It did say something about not taking echeques....is that how paypal works.

If I put th emoney from my back acc into my paypal acc will that still constitute a echeque?

Just curious if anyone knows what is going on?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

The seller of the item dictates what payment he/she will or won't take. Sounds like they only take credit cards?

3. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed

You don't pay directly WITH your bank account. You pay directly from your Paypal balance, then if there is not enough money there, Paypal can get it from your bank....however, if you are a new Paypal account, they may have a probation period that you can't do that in......or you might not have set the Payment draft options up correctly (for E-checks), or like Candy says, the seller may have specific ways only of payment via Paypal.
    Also, there is a Paypal phone number contact you can get from the site.

4. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed

Afterthought....you can contact the seller to see if there are the specified types of Paypal payments they are limiting buyers to.

5. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

If you transfer some money from your bank account into your paypal account ahead of time, this will eliminate that problem. Use the "add funds" button in your account.

Some people don't want to wait the 3-5 business days that it takes the system to go through all the steps to check your paypal account, then "ask" the bank account for the funds, then the bank account "reply" with the funds, then the funds be available to the buyer. If you have the needed amount in the account ahead of time, it will be accepted. by more sellers.

6. tony oh

tony oh Thread Starter

Hi,

thanks all....it is a bit misleading as on their site it says you can pay straight from your bank account:(

3-5 days would have been OK but I had transferred mony to my paypal account (verified) just before I started this post on the 2nd...eta for the money 13th.

Thanks again I'll mark this solved:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice