Solved: Aol browser can't play" YouTube"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dotty999

Dotty
If anyone has Aol could you check out you tube site as it wont play, it says you either have Javascript disabled or you need to update your flash player which I did:rolleyes: however I cannot play music from this site at all unless I go to IE or Firefox, any ideas? and please don't state the obvious... I know most people don't like Aol so I don't need that advice ;) :D

Now im not sure how to recetify this issue, im sorry, but just a question for you, why do you choose to use AOL browser instead of FF?

dotty999

Dotty
Molucky said:
Now im not sure how to recetify this issue, im sorry, but just a question for you, why do you choose to use AOL browser instead of FF?
I initially use Aol browser as Aol obviously opens into the browser and I like the homepage for the news etc and also Aol help and information I may need. :)

Did you uninstall Flash first before updating? If not go here and download the uninstaller and then reinstall flash.

dotty999

Dotty
TOYMAN1952 said:
Did you uninstall Flash first before updating? If not go here and download the uninstaller and then reinstall flash.
thanks Toyman I will try that when I get home :) (y)

dotty999

Dotty
MMJ said:
Hmm... really strange. Try youtube with IE.
well that explains something at least as it doesn't play through IE7 and Aol settings incorporate IE so it's not an Aol problem but IE:confused:

dotty999 said:
well that explains something at least as it doesn't play through IE7 and Aol settings incorporate IE so it's not an Aol problem but IE:confused:

Dotty did you try the uninstallers and then reinstaling both flash and shockwave player ???? http://sdc.shockwave.com/shockwave/download/alternates/

Itusually works for me and check in tools internet options advanced multimedia

play videos in web pages is checked (y)
Also try here. it will check your browser for any problems
www.browsertune.com

MMJ

If you can try FF we will be able to know if it is a problem with software not being available or with the settings in IE

dotty999

Dotty
MMJ said:
If you can try FF we will be able to know if it is a problem with software not being available or with the settings in IE
it works fine in FF :) I ran the test Blackmirror kindly gave me and it says Aol modifies IE and causes all sorts of problems especially with the latest version and as I've recently downloaded IE7 I thought it may help to go back to IE6 and see if the problem is still there

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts