1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: AOL Free Music

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by 1ets, Jan 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1ets

1ets Thread Starter

I have been using AOL free music which is great but.......when each new song starts an irritating blip sounds.:(

I have checked every wav on my conmputer and cannot find it to delete it.:confused:

Any help to stop this irritating sound will be appreciated.

2. smeegle

smeegle

Did you find a solution to your problem, 1ets?

3. 1ets

1ets Thread Starter

No sir, I did not. The noise also sounds when I am on line.

It is a loud "bleeping" sound. I have checked popup blockers and everything else I can think of.

Any sugvgestions are welcome.

4. 1ets

1ets Thread Starter

My problem seems to be solved. I switched from windows explorer to Mozilla Firefox and voila, No more "bleeping" sound.

Many thanx to all who tried to help

5. letchworth

letchworth

Always a good decision!
    letchworth

6. smeegle

smeegle

Hooray! Now you can click on Thread Tools and mark both threads as "Solved".

7. firestormer

firestormer

OK i know its says solved but... The beep my be a pop up beep,you know when Explorer blocks a pop up it bleeps.

And secondly: FOR GODSAKES STAY AWAY FROM AOL THEY ARE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please refer to this thread for more info and the evilness of AOL: http://forums.techguy.org/reviews/251607-why-you-hate-aol.html

8. 1ets

1ets Thread Starter

Prior to changing to Firefox, I had turned off the popup blocker in Windows Explorer and still had the noise. Not so with Firefox.

Many thanx for your thoughts.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539134

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice