[Solved] AOL I.M. / Outlook Express E-mail ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cheryl

I have a big problem. When I double clicked on "Outlook Express e-mail" on the desktop (I'm not connected yet to my IP) the AOL I.M. box comes up on the screen on top of a "minimized Outlook Express" box. I then exit out of AOL I.M. and then it takes a few minutes for me to get into Outlook Express.

It seems that AOL I.M. has a mind of its own and wants to open up when I want to go into Outlook Express.

What can I do? I've gone into "start-up" menu and unchecked the box and clicked on "apply" and then restarted my computer. Then the next time I turn the machine off and then back on again, it's back. Also when I do this it goes into either "safe" or selective start=up. I can't remember which one.

Thank you!:(

Cheryl....
Click on the IM icon on your taskbar. Click preferences. Under sign on/off, uncheck "start AIM when windows starts". Click apply/ok. Reboot your computer.
See if that clears up your problem.

Debe

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Do you use AIM? If not, why not just uninstall the bloody thing? I find AOL a PITA generally, and an overpriced, obnoxious one at that. :rolleyes:

I had the same damm problem. Before that my msn messenger would open by itself when I went into outlook.

This is wat you have to do , just go into eather outlook or aim not sure which one and uncheck a box that says make aim my default messenger this will stop aim from launching when you open outlook

Cheryl

Thank you everyone. I found the area that allowed me to disengage the darn thing and it works great now. I never had that problem until I downloaded the newest AOL I.M.

Have a good day. It's 41 degrees in Florida as I type and tonight it will be getting down to 27. So my suggestion is stay away from this state - as least for a winter vacation.

Cher:cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online