1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Apache Icon Goes Missing On Taskbar

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by HowdeeDoodee, Sep 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HowdeeDoodee

HowdeeDoodee Thread Starter

This is a common problem I do not know how to solve. I have installed php, mysql, and Apache on my XP machine. The Apache feather (icon) will appear on my taskbar near the clock for a few days/weeks but eventually the icon disappears. I have enabled the taskbar feature which keeps all the taskbar icons visible. But I need a solution to the problem of how do I keep the Apache icon from disappearing.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

2. procoit

procoit

So in order to get at back what do you do at the moment? Icons will disappear from the system tray if they crash or close themselves. You've obviously ruled out the other option of it being hidden.

3. HowdeeDoodee

Thank you for the reply. Indeed, what do I do to get the icon back? Any ideas?

4. procoit

procoit

My question was what do you do to get the icon back? As in it sounded like it has happened a few times and you've managed to resolve it?

If you go to start > programs > Startup is the apache service monitor listed in there?

5. HowdeeDoodee

Yes, Apache HTTP 2.2 Server is listed. What does this mean I should do next?

Thanks for the reply.

6. procoit

procoit

If you click the item from the startup list, does it tell you its already running?

7. HowdeeDoodee

OK, I have part of the problem solved. When I run the cursor over the name of the Apache 2.2 HTTP program in the programs list from the Start Menu, I can see the icon with the words "Monitor Apache Servers"

When I click on the selection "Monitor Apache Servers" the icon appears in the task bar as it should.

The last question is how do I make the icon appear automatically on start-up?

8. procoit

procoit

That shortcut should be in the "Startup" folder in the start menu in order for it to appear on startup.

9. HowdeeDoodee

Thank you for the reply. My problem has been solved. I added an icon to the startup folder according to the instructions in the link below.

http://grok.lsu.edu/Article.aspx?articleId=6288

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help. A great deal of searching on the web turned up nothing. Thank you again.

10. procoit

procoit

No problem!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!