1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Apparently my tv is going to steal blu rays

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by yamahauler, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yamahauler

yamahauler Thread Starter

Hello there and thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Just the other day my new LG ch10ls20 blu ray player came in so I hooked it up in my computer without a hitch and had it updated to newest firmware and what not no problem. Since my hd tv(Sharp aquos Lc-40e67un) is right next to my computer I have it hooked up via s-video - component and often run dual monitors with it as my secondary to watch videos etc. Now my problem came when I was watching a blu ray movie on my monitor and went to move it over to my tv and watch it on there. Now almost instantly when I did that a message popped up on Power dvd v8 that "CyberLink PowerDVD cannot play back the video becasue it is copyright protected. Try updating your video card driver or video card." It makes no sence to me how it will play just fine on my computer screen and not my tv.

If anyone has had this problem or knows about im interested in know whats up with this. So far first impressions of blu ray are not good, more pain then gain.

Thanks for any help in advance

2. wtxcowboy

wtxcowboy

check on cyberlink's update page for your blu ray player model # & see if any of them apply to you, or open powerdvd & click the icon upper left border for same. might do the trick.

3. lawson_jl

lawson_jl

You have to have a fully protected HDCP line all the way to the monitor when using BluRay on a PC. So you can't legally do what your trying to do. Of course there are ways to do it though.

4. yamahauler

Turns out there was an update for power dvd and my drive is up to date. With that HDCP I found a thing for it in Nvidia control panal and it will list my monitor but not my tv. So how would I go about making my tv compatable with that, hook it up a differant way or something? Would a Dvi - hdmi cable work and be HDCP compatable?

Thanks

5. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

6. yamahauler

Ok took me awhile to get back to this but yes to do blu ray legaly I just needed to purchase some cables. I ended up with a Dvi-hdmi adapter then just a standard hmmi cable so now it's fully hdcp compatable.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice