1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Apple ID Issue

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Skyholder, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Skyholder

Skyholder Thread Starter

Okay... I'm really bugged.
    I have a MacBook Pro, an iPad, and an iPhone.

I have an Apple id. But I seem to have a number of them! 3, to be precise.
    The iPad, and Macbook Pro appear to have the same one. That being a name, in the form of an email address.

On my iPhone, when I try to "update" aps..... The prompt that comes up showing an apple id, wanting a password, is a single word... NOT in email form, AND not the same as the Macbook Pro, or iPad.

And no password is working on the iPhone. I don't know what to do to get them all to be aligned to the same ID & Password.

Please help.

2. Headrush

Headrush

Not quite sure what you are saying here?
    So the Apple ID on the iPhone is pre filled or it just says Apple ID and not email?

An Apple ID can be an email address, so just use it and it should work.
    If on the iPhone you used your Apple ID nickname, it probably remembers that. To see this information you will have to log into your account on iTunes and go to account section.

If you used a different Apple ID for the iPhone, I don't believe Apple has a a way to combine accounts, but apparently they are working on a solution for that.

3. Skyholder

Skyholder Thread Starter

I'll play with it. I'm worried that I'm messing myself up, creating new passwords... changing information. Guess I'll use the weekend. Thanks bud.

4. Skyholder

Skyholder Thread Starter

I believe the prompt is showing a nickname. And while I know it, I can't get any password to function. Nor can I get it to let me reset it. Plus, I can't get the phone to recognize any other user name. Argh!!!!

5. Headrush

Headrush

I would suggest using the reset setting option on iPhone and trying again.

6. Skyholder

Skyholder Thread Starter

That was to be my last resort. Thank you very much for the help talk to you later

7. Skyholder

Skyholder Thread Starter

So back to this Apple ID issue.
    I have an ID of "Skyholder" showing up on my iPhone.
    I can't remember the password, and none that I know are working.
    When I do the whole Apple retrieval thing, it asks do I want a question to identify myself, or email retrieval?
    If I do the "question", which is, "What is you birthday? I keep getting it wrong. OKAYYYYYYY! And I try going a month before, 1 after. One day before, 1 after. No luck. It doesn't ask the year.
    When they fail, I go thru the email retrieval and it claims to be sending an email to my address. I am not getting it. Multiple times, I don't get it.
    I have created 2 other id's. Both appear to work with passwords.
    Is there a way to have my phone stop using "Skyholder", and use one of the "working" id's and passwords?

8. Headrush

Headrush

Is it in Settings -> Store where you are entering you credentials?

Which version of iOS are you running?
    On my device if I select Sign out I get option to re-enter a new username/login.

9. Skyholder

Skyholder Thread Starter

Okay.... running OS5. When I go to the "store", in settings, it shows the log-in I want to be using. And it works with a password I remember!!! Other times, it'll come up as "Skyholder". I don't know where its getting that from. I'll try logging out and see if I get the same option you mentioned.

10. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It sounds like you have a real mess, and you're making it worse if you're still creating new accounts. The real problem is if you've purchased content with all of these, there's no way you're going to be able to transfer those purchases between accounts. Pick one account to use for everything.

11. Skyholder

Skyholder Thread Starter

*Shrug* Seems to be working. We shall see....
    As always, thanks so much!

12. Skyholder

Skyholder Thread Starter

Agreed!!!

13. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If what's working is having multiple Apple IDs, you're going to continue to have problems. You can either live with that, or take the hit of losing some content and sticking with one ID.

14. Skyholder

Skyholder Thread Starter

At this point, the ID I am using is working for me. I'm not gonna kick a dead horse!!!
    Thanks again.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025394

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice