1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Apple MacAir

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Katniss, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Katniss

Katniss Thread Starter

I am thinking of buying a MacAir to replace my Dell Ultrabook 13. My main use is for my financials, mainly updating my bank, reconciliation, and stock updates. I use Excel 2003, not the 2010 version which I also have as well as all Micrisoft Office 2010. I have no need for all these but want to keep Excel 2003. Will I be able to upload the 2003 CD which is part of my genuine Microsoft Office 2003? I uploaded iWork's Numbers on my iPad Mini but it is not as good as the Excel (I am expert on Excel 2003 IMHO). This Dell Ultrabook has given me more headaches than I need due to unstable router and other wireless problems. Please advise. Thanks.

I have windows 7 64 bit on my PC now.

2. gurutech

gurutech

Office 2003 and 2010 are not compatible with the Mac. You will need to upgrade to Office 2011, or go with the recently announced "Office 365" subscription service, which for home users is $99/yr for 5 licenses. The newer version of Office will be able to read/modify your existing files, and is backwards compatible so you can save your files in the original format.

As far as the unstable router, replacing the laptop won't fix that. You will probably need to replace that as well, or at least reset it to factory defaults.

3. Katniss

Katniss Thread Starter

Thank you so very much. If I cannot have my Excel, I may as well stick to my PC. YOU JUST SAVE ME SOME BIG MONEY.

4. Headrush

Headrush

You can run any MS Office on OS X using VMware Fusion, Parallels, or VirtualBox (free).
    They all have view methods that integrate the PC apps directly into OS X.

For the apps you listed that you use, I wouldn't switch computers though.
    It sounds like you just need to get someone knowledgable enough to fix those minor issues.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice