Solved: Apple Safari

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lschul

I just downloaded an update to Itunes and it installed Safari, I am assuming that is their web browser? Is it a good idea to use it with Windows or not? Personal preference?

What Apple did here was wrong, just wrong. They put their browser into an update stream just so they can get a bit of a boost on their market share. I personally don't like Safari for Windows as it looks just awful in the Windows environent because it was made for Mac. Stay safe, stay with FireFox.

lschul

I have tried firefox, what's the difference? Why are so many people using it rather than IE? Doesn't having yet another program on your computer, even if it is the default, just clutter things up?

I have tried firefox, what's the difference? Why are so many people using it rather than IE? Doesn't having yet another program on your computer, even if it is the default, just clutter things up?
Firefox is a lot faster and more secure. Plus it has many wonderful addons you can download.

Those are the reasons I use it.

lschul

Thasnk aca529, I didn't get a TSG notification of your last reply.

lschul

Does it add more "junk" to the hard drive and slow things up as a whole?

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
What Apple did here was wrong, just wrong. They put their browser into an update stream just so they can get a bit of a boost on their market share.
I agree. I really like Safari but I don't think Apple should have "pushed" it the way they did.

Peace...

Firefox is a lot faster and more secure. Plus it has many wonderful addons you can download.

Those are the reasons I use it.
Well the speed depends on the computer. While FireFox and IE both work fine on my desktop, Firefox is so slow on my laptop that I can't use it, while IE is much faster. To the basic Internet and E-mail person, just stay with IE.

Well the speed depends on the computer. While FireFox and IE both work fine on my desktop, Firefox is so slow on my laptop that I can't use it, while IE is much faster. To the basic Internet and E-mail person, just stay with IE.
I still recommend using Firefox if a person does not know much about computers. It will save them from malware.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online