1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Apple Store App missing

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by livefortoday6491, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. livefortoday6491

livefortoday6491 Thread Starter

I think a need the Apple Store App to update to Mountain Lion. I deleted the app in error. I started with Snow Leopard but updated to Lion but did not back it up, as did not know it had to be done before installing. I only have the Snow Leopard disks. Is there anyway I can restore it please?

2. Headrush

Headrush

You can use Pacifist to extract the app from the Snow Leopard Installation disks.

3. livefortoday6491

I cannot open the app it say it may not be compatible with this version of OS X. I updated from Snow Leopard to Lion so is that the problem. Can you help please?

4. Headrush

Headrush

Yup, need the Lion version.

5. livefortoday6491

I have downloaded the app and it works, thanks very much. Now I can buy Mountain Lion. In view of my first open problem would it be an idea to re-install Lion, which I checked on the Apple Discussions and you can use the Recovery Partition and as long as you don't reformat you don't lose your apps. Or if I purchase Mountain Lion and install it would that sort out the First Open problem. What do you think?

6. Headrush

Headrush

I don't think it will matter at all and re-instlling Lion would be a waste of time. Just install ML.

*** I would recommend making a backup of the ML app before running (It deletes itself after installing) ***
    Inside the app is a DMG file you can make a bootable ML DVD if ever needed.

7. livefortoday6491

Thanks for all your help, I will certainly do a backup as I was caught like that with Lion.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice