Solved: Application Management

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DesperateHou

I have recently uninstalled msn messanger and when I restarted my computer a wizard came up saying that new hardware had been found called application management I tried to install this thinking it would be found in my recovery discs and it could not be found I am wondering what I can do next to install this.
Thanks (y)

Hi DespearteHou,

You post seems to have had several views, but no replies so I'll kick it off.

What you have reported doesn't seem to make sense:
You uninstalled Software, then you get a New Hardware Found message on boot-up - I can only think this possible if the software has changed your Device Management, which I can't believe MSN Messenger would do!

Have you moved, knocked, adjusted in any way your PC, cabling etc such that a physical connection has been disturbed (at both ends of your printer cable for example).

However, the main reason for this reply is to that if Win says it has found new hardware it means physically on your PC, not on any recovery discs (I know computers are clever (sic dumb) but I haven't seen the ones that can look in your CD drawer yet!, he he), or are you saying you are using your Recovery Discs to find the driver for your new hardware? Have you tried letting Win find the driver(s) itself?

When new hardware is found the wizard should proceed to determine drivers, for which you may supply CD's.

So, I for one am not clear on what hardware is 'Application Management'.

Maybe you could post the exact specific message you are getting and we can have a go at helping you.

lol
Hew

What device is showing in the device manager with a yellow exclamation mark? Have you considered downloading and installing some PC Audit Software such as Everest to try to get more information about the actual hardware that is on your PC.

Rollin

DesperateHou

I am using a lap top computer and the wizard tries to install the new hardware then it says it cant because it needs a floppy or Cd to be inserted. And the wizard at the beginning says searching for Application Management. I find it strange to as I have no other hardware attatched to this computer. I am going to try to save the wizard and I will try to post a URL so that you can view it.

DesperateHou

Ok so I couldnt get to save the wizard to display a URL so I am going to copy it down word for word. It says welcome to the new found hardware wizard this wizard helps you install software for application management if your hardware came with an installation CD install now. What do you want the wizard to do a) install the software Auto or b) install from a list or specific location. I then went to a) and the screen comes up with a yellow ? and next to it application management and it starts searching. It then comes up with the hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary hardware. So I am totally stumped. All I could think of is that maybe some internal hardware had been interfered with and this is why I tried to use the recovery discs to find the software for it but to no avail. There is no device manager coming up with an exclamation mark.
I have adaware and zone alarm on my pc as well but I will go and try everest as well and see what else comes up. I did go on the net and did a search for application management and a few things came up saying that application management is for installing and uninstalling in your add and remove section.
I appreciate any help I can get here thank you regards Dee

Dee,

I appreciate this must be frustrating!

Could you be more explicit after a ...'and the screen comes up wita yellow ?'.

Are you able to do a print screen at that time and post back here? (Ctrl + PrtSc PrtScr is usually along the top row of keys 3 or 4 keys in from the right).
This will put an image of your screen onto clipboard, Open Word and do a Ctrl + V to paste the image, gthen save that doc and attach back here.

In fact, if you could provide an images through your sequence of screens it would be very helpful.

What you are suffeing is Win finding (or believing) new hardware has been installed option a is telling Win to look for drivers within Win itself, b or 'have disks' allows you to point to where you have drivers yourself, such as on a CD.
Is there any indication on the screens as to what type of h/w Win thinks it has found?

lol
Hew

DesperateHou

Well this is really bizzare it has stopped doing it now. Thanks for all your willingness to help greatly appreciated. Will deffinetly be back if I have anymore dramas in the future. Regards Dee ;)

OK DesperateHou,

Good to know the problem has gone away, disconcerting that the reason wasn't diagnosed.

Anyway, if you're happy would you mark the call as Solved, in Thread tools.

Cheers
Hew

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online