1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Arcsoft photroimpression6 will not open

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by rs3919, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Elvandil

Elvandil

Did any of the previous attempts remove all the arcsoft files from ProgramData and the user AppData folders?

2. rs3919

rs3919 Thread Starter

Hi Elvandil

Yes all arcsoft files/folders were removed including registry associated files using arcsoft removal instructions that their tech emailed me. After removing then reinstalling the software the same thing it will not open :mad:.
    I removed again all arcsoft program files + hidden arcsoft files. I deleted them all. Next Owner app data arcsoft files. Then registry files in HKEY_CURRENT_USER SOFTWARE ARCSOFT & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE ARCSOFT. CCLeaner removed a couple of trace element arcsoft files located elsewhere in the registry associated with arcsoft. Then an attempted software reinstall, still nothing opens (n).

I'm told as stated before by arcsoft that the software sometimes can crash and as soon as I have clarification from them on the replacement software I will pass it on. As of now the arcsoft-ware is removed, until I can try it on a different machine. :confused: I'm still willing to try. Thanks for helping with this :D.

rs3919

3. rs3919

rs3919 Thread Starter

Hello everyone:D

I recently had some bad MS updates:(. I had to reinstall my OS:mad:. I preformed a Hard disk destructive :eek: with a complete OS reinstall. All updates are done:cool:. The Photo Impression 6 is opening again(y). All is good for now I hope:). Thank you everyone who tried to assist;).

Sincerely
    rs3919

4. rs3919

rs3919 Thread Starter

Hi Elvandil

My machine had to be rebuilt:eek: bad MS updates:(. Chasing the update problem down caused more programs to crash:mad:. It was easeir to do a hard disk destructive, then a clean reinstall of the OS(y). Some minor glitches nothing time can't fix, well me at least:D. Thanks for your:cool: assist.

rs3919

5. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1051249