1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Are these parts compatible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by psaros, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. psaros

psaros Thread Starter

Antec 600 case and ASUS M4N75TD Motherboard.
    I think I just found out they're not. The connectors for the PWR LED on the case are 3 pin, but the connectors for the PWR LED on the mobo are 2 pin. One of the USBs from the case also does not fit on any of the USB connectors on the mobo.

So they're incompatible and I have to get a new case right?

2. Irukku

Irukku

No, dude, there's no such a thing as case/motherboard incompatibility unless your board doesn't fit in the case. The case power led connector can be separated and plugged to the edges of the motherboard's connector, middle pin just stands for "no ****ing thing". :)

As for the USB connectors, if you mean your case's are three or six different jumpers and your motherboard seems to need a six-pin single one, you just gotta plug each of the case's pins to your motherboard correspondingly:

http://www.808.dk/pics/k7s5a_usb1.gif

Hope that was clear. You don't need a new case. xD

3. psaros

psaros Thread Starter

Thank god. How do I separate the three-pin connector (case)? it doesn't seem like it wants to de-attach. I have it with me here by the working computer.

4. Irukku

Irukku

On the case plug, one of the sides has a little plastic thing that pops out, like you're opening a can. You can plug the metallic thing that comes out of it to the motherboard if you're careful enough, otherwise you can try to find some other case's plastic three-way plug and fit the wires in there. I forgot to mention that such LED is useless, lol... it's not required for your computer to work or anything. But it will bother you if you're a perfectionist. xD

5. psaros

psaros Thread Starter

Oh man, I totally misread the mobo manual. I didn't have to separate anything, it went fine. But perhaps you (or someone else) can answer another question ?

1) The pins/connectors for the case fans are too big for the mobo fans (cha_fan1 and 2). I'm looking in both my mobo and case manuals and neither provide installation instructions. The connectors for the fans on the mobo are too small and they are white, if that helps.

Edit: think i might've figured this one out. i connected the fan cables to the psu connectors, then the end of that psu cord i'm connecting them to fits into the cha_fan1 on the mobo. is this correct?

2) Also, I seem to be missing a 4-pin speaker connector from my case. I know where to put it in my mobo but can't find it. Does it come from the PSU? cause I have an unused 4-pin that might fit in it.
    I need : +5V Ground Ground Speaker.
    And the connector from the PSU does not list what it is.

Edit: read above edit about the unused psu 4-pin
    Thanks.
    Psaros

6. Irukku

Irukku

Awesome the LED worked... xD

1) YES! You're connecting your case fans to Molex power connectors. Absolutely right. And you can also use these same connectors to supply power to other devices.

2) Your speaker connector goes right onto your board, just like your LED connector did. Lemme take a look at your motherboard's manual... it's the 4 upper pins to the right of the "system panel connector" shown in the user's manual. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

:)

7. psaros

psaros Thread Starter

Yeah, but I'm missing the part that goes in there :( it's not in my case anywhere.

8. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    This is a separate puchase now days. Radio Shack has the speakers for about $4 or $5.

9. Irukku

Irukku

I got mine with my motherboard. It's not that important... :)

10. psaros

psaros Thread Starter

Awesome thank you guys.
    I'm gonna start a new forum post though cause I tried POSTing twice last night and nothing happened.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice