Solved: Artifacts problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tshirtwisdom

Hello all,
I left my computer on last night and when I woke up there were artifacts on the screen. I immediately turned off my computer, as I know this usually means an overheated GPU. After letting it rest for several hours, I turned it back on and still received the artifacts. I tried "underclocking" the card, and that still did no good. My motherboard has internal graphics, so I figured that I'd just use the internal graphics until I buy a new card. However, I'm still getting the artifacts with the graphics card removed and only using internal graphics. I know it is not any type of monitor burn-in, as there are no artifacts when using it with anything else.

Can anyone think of what's going on? I don't mind buying a new graphics card if it's required, however, I don't want to end up buying one and the problem be in something else.

System Specs:
ATI Radeon 4870 HD
AMD Phenom II X4 920
ASUS M3A76-CM
8BG DDR2 OCZ
Windows 7 Ultimate

Also, the artifacts are shown on the boot screen/BIOS as well as within Windows and the Login Screen.

have you ran "dxdiag" (without quotes) yet?

have you o/c'd the bios ?
may be worth a try at bios to safe settings (not optimum).

also have you any other tools (software) for checking hardware, temps etc.

smells like one of the RAM chips on your video card is not resetting properly. Most likely you need new video card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online