1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Ask an Expert

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by PULLY, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PULLY

PULLY Thread Starter

Can I trust sites like driverdoctor that claims it will check my computer and install all my outdated drivers with current ones? I'm a little leary that these kinda sites might install other kind a crap on my machine as well.. Any advice woud be nice ...thank you

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

It's better to check your drivers yourself by going to the manufacturers' websites, and stay away from any crapware you may find on the Web.

3. pip22

pip22

I personally don't trust third-party driver-scanning websites, only the actual computer or device manufacturer websites which have a "scan my system" utility.

In any case, for laptops & brand-name computers you should be getting the drivers from their respective websites, not from anywhere else. The well-known laptop & computer brands often have proprietary components inside them which require custom-made drivers. Only the appropriate manufacturers have these.

4. PULLY

PULLY Thread Starter

Thanks!

5. joss

joss

when I forward emaills (Vista) the receiver gets red x's instead of images. How do I fix this?

6. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi Joss,
    You need to use the "report" option to the right of your question and ask a mod to move your unrelated question out of this thread and to a thread of its own

Richard

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice