Solved: assembly mistakes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chippynut

Just how easy is it to damage parts on installing mother board and cpu, on looking at a mix of new and second hand mother boards on ebay i came accross a lot with bent pins, just where are these pins and how are they bent, In the stage of fitting the heat sink or cpu, i ask as i want to have a go at biulding my own pc and cannot afford silly mistakes, Thanks for any advice.

The pins are usually on the CPU...and ebay for me at least is not the best place to get parts from

Attachments

chippynut

Thanks for your responce, if the pins are on the cpu how come there are bent pins on all these second hand motherboards, I do not intend to buy a second hand one i just noticed and got to think why so many mistakes, i also meant to ask if AMD cpu,s are as as easy or the same as intel to assemble, on the ebay note i have had some good new items over the last few years, not just with pc stuff other things such as tools etc.

Hey there,

AMD CPU's are harder to install as they have the pins on the actual CPU's. On the other hard an AMD Heatsink is a lot easier to fit than an Intel heatsink.

On the other hand. Intel has the pins on the motherboard not the CPU so they can often be easier to install as you have less chance of breaking the pins on the the motherboard than on the CPU.

However intel heatsinks from my experience are a lot harder to fit as they use some stupid push pin sort of bracket which I have always thought of as a rubbish design.

Jack-O-Bytes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online