Solved: asus a7v8x boot problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

1_rob_1

Ive just upgraded a pc, When I try to boot it up, it sounds like it is booting ok, but the display wont work (no signal) and no bios beep.
That is what normally happens.

Now & again the pc will boot correctly, Bios beeps, display works, and windows boots. the pc works for a limited time, then either shuts itself down, or the display stops working, when I try to reboot, no display

I have tried different graphics cards, inc pci, with the same results. different ram. Ive also tried booting using only the mobo, hd ram & graphics.

I suspect either the mobo or the processor.

Anyone any ideas?

Yes I think you are right it sounds like the cpu is possibly overheating, remove and check you have the right amount of thermal grease and the heatsink and fan are seated correctly, also check the ram is seated correctly

1_rob_1

hs & fan are ok, This prob also happens on bootup whether the processor is hot or cold.
I dont think it is an overheating issue.

Ok then so you have checked tempartures and everthing is fine, next I would look at the PSU, have you a spare you can try? If that is ok I would suspect as you said a problem with the mobo.

1_rob_1

Already tried the psu.
Now trying different mobo with the same processor.

1_rob_1

Changed the mobo, all the other components I left the same. Boots perfectly every time.
The mobo has now been binned.

Thanks for your help bigbear & CouchMaster.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online