1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Asus laptop will not startup

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cruikster, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cruikster

cruikster Thread Starter

Product Type : Notebook
    Product Model : F3Sc
    Purchased: Feb/March 2008

About a week after getting my new laptop, it began to not startup properly i.e. would turn itself off, even when I had shut it down correctly. This was not a major issue, and the laptop would work properly if you turned it back on again immediately.

Just today I switched on my laptop (same annoying shutdown on startup) used it for some time before switching it off. When i attempted to turn it back on later this afternoon, NOTHING works...

I am given 2 options on startup: "Launch Startup Repair" or "Start Windows Normally". When I press enter on the startup repair, it always brings up the same screen repeatedly. And when I try to start windows normally, the computer restarts.

If you press delete several times when the laptop is booting up, you can sometimes access the advanced startup settings (i.e. safe mode, last known settings etc) - I've tried most of these and none will work (system just restarts again). Also, I've pressed ESC and delete repeatedly and brought up a BIOS screen which recognises my HDD (SATA: PM FUJITSU)and my cd/dvd drive. I am given the choice to boot either of these but they bring me back to the same "Windows Recovery Error" page

Please help me, I need to use my laptop daily for important tasks/files
    Thankyou vm

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Your laptop plainly has serious issues, which are quite likely to be hardware related.

It's only a week ot two old.

It must be under warranty, so send it back.

3. Plantsman

Plantsman

If you have a Vista OS disk you can boot with it, select the Command Prompt option and type in chkdsk /f/r then press Enter key. Let it proceed and finish then reboot. Chances are you don't have a Vista OS disk. If you have access to another computer you can download a free Vista recovery disk here.

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/windows-vista-recovery-disc-download/

Don't forget to set your CD drive to boot first in your BIOS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/708256