1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Asus P3B-F will not post. MB OR CPU? Fixable?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by geektobe, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. geektobe

geektobe Thread Starter

Hi out there:
    My old /spare computer will not post. It was fine until I got another PIII computer and switched components back and forth between them to get the "new" one to work. There is power because the fans are on. It seems a bit strange because what happens is I power up the computer, I here no beeps at all and after a few seconds I hear the hard drive working then nothing else happens. I have tried different RAM and video card with no change in response. I have reset the CMOS (took jumper off, turned on and off computer) no effect. Any ideas?

2. chakorules

chakorules

I am assuming you have taking the CPU out and re-seated it also? Make sure you only try and POST with the bare needs.

CPU, Heat Sink on CPU, Memory, and Video Card.

Do not connect any cables, do not install any other PCI cards etc....

3. Shuzzy

Shuzzy

I had the same problem when I built my new comp. It turns out the manufacturer had sent me a bummed mobo. As soon as i replaced it everything worked fine. It sounds to me like your mobo is damaged. :(

4. geektobe

geektobe Thread Starter

Hi out there:

Thanks for the input because the advice was good and appreciated but did not correct the fault. The good thing is that I reapproached the situation and reviewed what I did and did not do. Because I am "relatively" new at this, I had omitted to do a basic thing and that was to make sure that I had the RAM in the right slot. Yes, I had the RAM in the last (wrong) slot :eek: which would have been the first (right) slot for my new computer. Everything was opposite with these computers. Anyway live and learn or live and learn over and over again. :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223325

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice