1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Asus P6T vs Asus P6T SE and Triple Channel Support

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wayneluu91, Aug 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wayneluu91

wayneluu91 Thread Starter

Does Asus P6T or Asus P6T SE support Triple Channel in Memory (RAM) ?
    What's difference between Asus P6T and Asus P6T SE ? Which one you guys suggest ?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yes, they both support Triple Channel memory, the difference is that the P6T supports Quad CrossFire from ATI and 3-Way SLI from NVidia but the the P6T only supports Quad CrossfireX from ATi and does NOT support 3-Way SLI.

You can compare any Asus motherboard by clicking "Product Comparison" on the Asus site: http://www.asus.com/Comparison.aspx...B_iframe=ture&height=535&width=500&white=true

It depends on what brand of video card you use AND if you want to use 3-Way SLI or not.

3. wayneluu91

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The GTX 460 only supports 2-Way SLI. The GC version is an overclocked version compare to the plain Galaxy GTX 460 model, it runs at 700Mhz versus the standard 675Mhz, what it actually stands for I have no idea and they dont seem to specify on their website.

5. wayneluu91

About Power Supply :
    with a system like this :
    1.Intel Core i7 930 Processor BX80601930
    2.Asus P6T Motherboard & Corsair Core i7 Dominator 6GB PC12800 DDR3 RAM
    3.Case:AeroCool AeroEngine Plus Mid Tower ATX Case
    4.Graphic Card:EVGA 01G-P3-1371-AR GeForce GTX 460 Video Card - 1024MB GDDR5,
    5.CPU Fan:Cooler Master Hyper N520 CPU Cooler.
    i don't know which power supply is suitable with this ? i mean the watt , i tried to calculate on http://www.antec.outervision.com and it said that i need 907w for that system.I'm still not sure about that so i want to ask you.By the way ,as you know , i'm building my new computer , these things are all i put up , so if you have any opinion about that please tell me , or i'm missing something please give me an advice .( i don't need DVDrom and Hard Drives cause i will take them from my old comp.),Thank you for helping me.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    907 Watts seems high. I just quickly did the same calculator and with a 2-Way SLI setup I get 650 watts.

So really for headroom, safety, and room to upgrade I'd say 650 watts for single card, and 750+ watts for an 2-Way SLI setup. More is fine but I don't think its needed unless you go 3-way SLI or 3 or 4 way CrossFire.

7. wayneluu91

so if i buy a power supply with the Watt is higher than necessary it's ok ? Just as long as it's not too much higher , right ? If so maybe i'll go with 800 w.Thank you.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Less is bad, more is good, and there's no top limit. The system will only ever use as much as it needs.

Make sure to get a quality brand or the numbers will mean squat. Corsair is currently one of the top recommended brands, Antec is good too.

9. wayneluu91

oh yeah , i'm being confused about the brands ,too many .You just gave me a narrow view thank you.I'll go with Corsair.Thank you for all the answers .

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    No Problem (y)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/941454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice