1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Asus p8h67-m le or intel db65al!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rootsofalldevil, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rootsofalldevil

rootsofalldevil Thread Starter

What should i buy ASUS P8H67-M LE or INTEL DB65AL?
    I've XFX 5770 n i just want to upgrade my motherboard n processor?
    plz help me!

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Hey there, Personally I would buy the ASUS board. I have never much cared for the intel ones they always seem to be a bit outdated with their technologies such as VRM's and the capacitors are the old type and the layout always just seems to look like it has been thrown together. They are probably perfectly useable parts but they just never look as good quality as the ASUS ones do. Also ASUS boards are usually highly recommended on this forum.

Jack-O-Bytes

3. getsugatenso

getsugatenso

definately asus, the programs that come with the board will be helpful to make it a silent machine when you want it to be. when you overclock the cpu, there is some black chokes put it so you get the constant power you need to the cpu. asus does have a high reputation for motherboards as well as gigabyte.

4. rootsofalldevil

But intel db65al has 4 DDR3 slots whereas Asus p8h67-m le has only 2.

5. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

Well to be honest you often don't need any more than around 4GB of RAM anyway these days but you can also get 2 x 4GB sticks and have 8GB of RAM which would easily be enough for almost everyone. If you are planning on using a 32-bit opperating system then you will not be able to use more than 3.5Gb of RAM anyway. In short there is often no real point any more of needing 4 RAM slots.

6. getsugatenso

getsugatenso

just out of curiosity, you could have compared the intel board with the asus p8h67-m board, or the p8p67-m board, these ones have crossfire capabilities, if you suddenly felt like being a LAN gamer. and they have 4 ram slots, im on 4gb and have no problem running games +internet radio+xfire+steam at the same time,still having memory to spare.
    with the boards i mention, you can add another 5770 for a cheap graphics upgrade and have 4x1gb sticks

7. rootsofalldevil

then i'll consider it, thnx for ur help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/988507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice