Solved: ATA 133 MB Specs, Work With ATA 100 HD?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

istrain

I don't know if I'm even wording this question correctly but I think you guys will get my meaning hopefully.

My current MB (cheapo ASRock GEPro-M2) is:
IDE1: ATA 133 / Ultra DMA Mode 6
IDE2: ATA 133 / Ultra DMA Mode 6

I am about to purchase a new HD (this one hopefully) which is listed as ATA 100.

Does my new HD have to be ATA 133 or is it backwards compatible like RAM?

My current HD (Samsung Spinpoint P Series 80GB IDE ATA133) is about to give up the ghost, it's doing a scandisk on me sometimes twice a day (BT killed it I think). I'm going to keep the beater for BT only and use the new one for my system.

Thanks for advice in advance,
istrain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts