1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter wont turn on.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by w746ehj, Aug 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. w746ehj

w746ehj Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1790 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA MCP79MVL, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 228471 MB, Free - 210724 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc., F5GL
    Antivirus: None
    Hi i have a Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter and i turned it off and it wont turn on. i cant seem to find a hardware key on my computer to turn it on and the key combination of Fn + F2 that should turn it on dosent work. i dont know what else to do i have factory restored my computer and i went under device management and updated my drivers via tethering from my phone. i need to be able to get my wifi back if anyone has any ideas please share! Thanks
    w746ehj

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    you have this as solved - have you found the solution ?

3. w746ehj

w746ehj Thread Starter

I have and i did a search over with a flashlite and there was a tiny switch the size of a thumbnail that was off aparently they couldnt have made it visible sorry for the inconvenience

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!