Solved: ATI Radeon 4870 HD Does not Display Output

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zoltara

Hey

Ive been having this problem for a very long time and since i can't afford just to go out and get a new video card etc i was hoping someone in here could help.

So ive been having this Video card liering around for quite some time now and decided to install it into my computer but when i insert it will not Display anything on my screen

My specs is currently

Philips LCD monitor with SmartTouch 223E1SB 22" w E-line 1920 x 1080 Full HD <-- Uses VGA (monitor link: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=223E1SB/05&scy=gb&slg=en)
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT, 512 Mb
Motherboard: ECS, GeForce6100PM-M2

Ive read in here about some EDID corruption with the monitor that could cause this but i do not know how i can check if my EDID is corrupted And the guy fixed it by buying a new monitor but as i stated before i can't afford just to go out and buy a new video card or monitor.

I should probably mention i borrowed it to a friend of mine so he could see if it worked in his Computer and surely it did.

I hope someone can help me with this

Thanks in advance :)

P.S
I am truly sorry if i posted this in the wrong section :)

If your monitor works fine with the current graphics card (the GeForce 8600), I don't think there's anything wrong with your monitor.

The Radeon 4870HD is a powerful card so it's possible your computer's PSU needs upgrading to one with a higher wattage output. Perhaps you could ask your friend (the one who tried the card successfully on his/her PC) to check the wattage output of his/her PSU and compare it with yours. If yours is much lower wattage output I'd put my shirt on that being the reason it won't work on yours.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
When a power supply can't handle the load of a new video card, 1 of 2 things usually happens:

1. The computer won't start up.

2. The computer will start up, but the monitor won't come to life and display anything.

-------------------------------------------------------

Zoltara

Hey i just ordered a

Corsair GS 600W PSU
ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus, Standard. 2x 6+2pin PCIe, 6x SATA, 140mm Blæser
http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=635835

I went on http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...s/ati-radeon-hd-4870-system-requirements.aspx

and it said it required atleast 500Watt 600Watt for CrossfireX
500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX&#8482; technology in dual mode)
But i bought a 600Watt because i might try and upgrade my computer over time

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Okay got it working with the new power supply thanks :)
Good. (y)

Click "Mark Solved" in the upper left of this webpage.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online