1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ATI Radeon HD5770

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dawson345, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dawson345

dawson345 Thread Starter

I want to upgrade my crappy(ish) graphics card to this model Google Products, but I thought I would browse to XFX's website first to see what information the manufacturer had regarding the card.

I found there are multiply versions of the card (including this one on google products)

Now I had heard of different models being available but not on this scale, there are ten separate cards on XFX's website. I need to know that I am getting the best card/value etc

help?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you look at the different models, you will see the difference. Some have cooling that exhausts out the back of the system and some have cooling that exhausts into the system. Some have a bundled game that comes with the card, etc.

I do not really understand your post; what is it you want to know?

Next are you sure your pw supply is up to running a 5770 type card?

3. dawson345

dawson345 Thread Starter

Thanks for the rapid response, I'm just in the process of upgrading atm

I suppose I was shocked at the selection and perhaps a little startled tbh

4. dawson345

dawson345 Thread Starter

are there any BIG benefits to any of the cards 12v plug etc

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

They all use a 6pin pw connector. Personally I like the type that exhaust air out the back of the case rather than into the case. It just makes more sense to remove the hot air rather than just move it around. Usually these type cards cost a few $ more however IMO they are well worth the slight extra cost.

XFX is a fine mfg; their cards even have a lifetime warranty. In fact I use an xfx nvidia 260 card in my own system.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice