1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ATI Warning - Catalyst Control Center

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ashers_, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ashers_

Ashers_ Thread Starter

Everytime I turn on mny laptop, the following message appears:

The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 3470 Graphics Card 256MB.

I've tried uninstalling the driver on Device Manager and then detecting it again but the same error still pops up when I restart. Not sure how the enabling of the ATI adapter works on Displays Manager, help please?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

You need to use Programs & Features in the Control Panel to uninstall the current ATI software and drivers and then reinstall it. Somehow you have a mismatched driver.

Since Acer's site is pretty poor for downloads and always has terribly outdated drivers I suggest that you may want to try the regular ATI driver from here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Then use this tool to modify the driver: http://www.driverheaven.net/modtool.php

The instructions are easy to follow and are at the bottom of the link.

3. mrmoo

mrmoo

I too am experiencing the same error message my graphics card is a ATI Radeon HD3200 Graphics, will this fix work for my Acer AS5535 as well, also is this a proven fix?

4. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I was just wondering, do the ATI drivers still need .net framework to run properly and if so could that have something to do with the error or is it strickly an ATI driver issue?

5. mrmoo

mrmoo

Not sure how would I go about checking this, I have hopefully attached the error message that I am receiving.

Attached Files:

6. Triple6

Triple6 Rob Moderator

MrMoo, ideally you should start your own thread. But have you followed the advice I gave Ashers? The fix is almost a simply uninstall and reinstall of a driver, the only difference is you are modifying the standard desktop driver to a mobile version with the use of the modder utility.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/791899