1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: ati2dvag display driver

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 2byC, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 2byC

2byC Thread Starter

I have an older IBM Thinkpad A31 that is still excellent for my daily needs (no high power games or anything).
    However recently I started getting this message on Youtube: "The ati2dvag display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality."
    The first three or four Youtube videos always work normally. Then I get the message and the video continues, but the display is extra large and coarse sort of like a safe mode display but a little more so. When I reboot, the cycle continues. First three of four vids work normally, then the crash. It is not a certain video that does it. It depends on how many I have viewed.

I was not sure where to post this but thought I would try this forum first. Thank you,
    Richard

2. pip22

pip22

Go into Device Manager, double-click the ATI graphics adapter item, click the "Driver" tab, click "Update Driver".

3. 2byC

2byC Thread Starter

The driver reinstall seemed to do it. I should have known, but the wording of the error message threw me off.
    Thanks,
    Richard

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1045748

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice